Monday, March 29, 2010

HAD THE PREMIERE FOR DEFCON 2012, AND STUDYING ALOT




About a month ago, we had the premiere of the movie Defcon 2012, and that went well. We had delivered the movie to the theater only one day before the screening - after doing some last minute tweaks on it's sound levels. That was nerve wracking! Jeeeeeze ....

Ok, I'm used to leading teams, and getting the overall job done. But I'm used to pilots, the USAF, and leading this movie team has been a challenge. Getting my film crew to get along, to complete tasks as instructed - well, it's like herding cats! I think I keep saying this too.

I had one fellow join us, save the day and the movie's first screening, and then he insulted my co-producer to the point I almost lost that essential team member.

All this makes me miss flying! Most pilots are pretty mature and will do their job. Understatement.

Well the parties that week were great. We had our premiere one week before the Oscars, so I hit some Hollywood parties. I met a lot of cool people, and hit it off with a couple of rock stars. I always get along with music people anyhow. Rockers are totally down to earth too. The one's I met were from the old school hard rock genre, which I really prefer.

Now we're transferring the movie into DigiBeta, and our distributor is sending it off to Cannes. I'm going too, and then after following my movie at various venues, going off to do a documentary.

I just ordered a helmet cam, and will get some more. I'm filming some flying as well as doing a documentary on some bikers and their custom bike shop. That'll be fun! I'm aiming at some great angles at speed, of bike, boot and road.

Also, staying current as much as possible with the bitter box, you know, the simulator. I have been doing very good with it, but last night had a few more lost BFM fights than normal. Probably my mind is on my movies too much. That's why I'm staying on the ground. I've got 'movie head' happening right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment